This year, when you hollow out that Halloween pumpkin, save the seeds to make a cool and colorful necklace. Here’s how:
- Separate the seeds from the pulp and rinse them well in warm water.
- Spread the seeds out on paper towels to dry completely.
- When the seeds are dry, color them with felt-tip markers, leaving some uncolored if you wish.
- Make holes near the center of each seed, using a big needle or an awl and a block of wood.
- String the seeds with a large-eyed needle and fine elastic, using 125 to 130 seeds for a necklace and far fewer for a matching bracelet. (Measure around your neck or wrist before cutting the elastic, allowing a little extra to tie the finishing knot.)
That’s it! Let us know how it works. We’d love to see your handiwork. Just upload yourHalloween pictures here!
Illustration by Margo Letourneau